Dan Cook is a landscape and nature photographer from the UK who loves creating immersive and thoughtful content for editorials and comissions.
The outdoors is where I have always found my inspiration. I love the challenges of confronting vast new landscapes and finding beauty in the familiar environments close to home.
I am thirty something these days and an accomplished outdoor photographer and content creator. I work on select comissions that tie in with my passions of promoting the great outdoors and getting under the surface of our landscapes. I also work with select brands that have a genuine message and are contributing positively to the world and can enhance their presence through captivating stories.
I hope my landscape and natural world photography causes people to think. To reveal something new about a familiar place or to reveal a new place to visit. There is no better feeling than when people really connect with my photography. It's not a feeling of self satisfaction but of a shared way of seeing our world.
Despite the photo opposite suggesting otherwise I am a professional and passionate photographer. If you'd like to work together or support my work and purchase prints then don't hesitate to get in touch.
AWARDS & PUBLICATIONS
2017 - Commended Landscape Photographer of the Year - Living the View
2017 - #WexMondays Exhibition - London & Leeds
2017 - Icelandair Magazine
2016 - Mountain Hardware
2016 - Fujifilm UK
2016 - Shortlist - Outdoor Photographer of the Year
2016 - Winter Landscapes Article - Published in Amateur Photographer Magazine (Feb)
2015 - Published in December Edition of Outdoor Photography (Viewpoints)
2015 - The City Talking, Sheffield Issue 4
2015 - Shortlist - Outdoor Photographer of the Year and inclusion in the 1st Outdoor Photographer Collection
2014 - Shortlist - Outdoor Photographer of the Year
2014 - Landscape Photographer of the Year - Winner 'Urban View' Category
2014 - International Black and White Spider Photography Awards - 2 Nominations (Nature Category)
2014 - UK National Parks | Space to Grow Photo Competition - Overall Winner
2013 - Scottish Nature Photography Awards - Shortlist (Environmental Category)
2013 - Black and White Spider Photography Awards - Nomination (Architectural Category)
2013 - Severn Trent Water - Photography Competition Runner Up
Outdoor Photography UK
Total Travel Australia
(I'm the one on the right)
Here's some fun facts about me TO USE AS CONVERSATION STARTERS...........
- I cried when I watch Free Willy 2 (age 12)
- I cry when I watch Up (age 33)
- Music has a big influence on my mood and therefore my creativity. I love walking alone through the landscape with music setting the feel of the place and inspiring sparkes of creativity.
- I mostly read books about adventures on mountains, sometimes psycholgoy books and other books which give a commentry on the world. I'm not really a fiction person.
- I am supposedly 1/8th Italian.
- I love bears. Possibly too much.
- I've studies social psychology, geography, town planning and quantity surveying at University.
- I love pointless questions about 'why'.